Quiz: Which Shy Town Girl Are You?
With the second Shy Town Girls book due out next month, we’re excited to put our readers in the mind of Ivy Westin, the sassiest of the four girls. With each book and each new perspective, we learn more about all of our characters and who they really are. But to help you figure out which girl you’d identify with the most (either over a glass of wine or a pint of ice cream), we’ve devised a little Shy Town quiz. Keep track of your numbers as you go and figure it out–which Shy Town Girl are you?
1. When you go out to a bar and you see a cute guy, what do you do?
- Flip your hair and batt your eyes
- Stroll up to him and effortlessly get him to buy you drink
- Make shy eye contact with a hint of a smile
- Accidently spill a drink on him while stuttering over your words
2. If you could shop at any of the following stores, what would it be?
- Any vintage boutique
- Ann Taylor
3. When you go out to the bar, whats your drink of choice?
- Gin and tonic
- Red red wine
- House Sauvignon Blanc, Columbia Valley
- Skinny vodka with pineapple juice
4. As far as dating, you prefer…
- Dating as many guys as you can at once
- A serious, committed relationship
- Knowing exactly what you’re getting into
- Date? I can’t remember the last time I was on a date
5. Your favorite place in Chicago is…
- Downtown on St. Patrick’s Day
- The Drake Hotel’s lobby during Christmastime
- The outdoor gardens at the Art Institute
- The shoe department at Nordstrom’s
6. What’s your biggest fear?
- Being vulnerable in a situation out of your control
- Losing someone I love
- Crowds, especially mosh pits
- Being seen as a joke
7. What kind of guy is “your type?”
- Who wants to pick just one type?
- Creative with the best smile
- Tall, dark, and handsome
- Geeky, glasses and lean
8. Your most important wardrobe staple?
- The dress that shows off all my curves
- Good lingerie
- My first pair of Louboutins
9. What’s your ideal date night?
- Wine tasting
- Walking along the lakefront and talking until the sun comes up
- Seeing a good film in an arthouse cinema and talking about it over wine afterward
- Ice-skating in Millennium Park
10. How do you approach conflict?
- Head on, it’s the only way
- Wait for it to come to me
- Deliberate carefully for days before deciding how to go forward
- Avoid at all costs
11. What does every good party need?
- Drinks and a dance floor
- A great atmosphere
- Stimulating conversation
- Just the people I want to be with
12. What kind of career are you pursuing?
- One where I can take charge and be seen
- One that is consistent and rewarding
- One where I can create every day
- One where I can use my skills and devote myself completely
13. Where would your dream vacation be?
- Skiing in Aspen – hot tub, hot guys, what’s not to love?
- Anywhere in Italy – eating fabulous food in exotic locations.
- Palm Springs, CA – sun and the beach = perfection
- New York – fall fashion week, need I say more?
Did you answer mostly 2′s? You’re a Bobbie!
Well, first impressions aren’t your strong suit. The people in your life adore you and you don’t know what you would do without them, but when it comes to that first conversation, you’re usually a little awkward. You’re completely married to your work, which you love, and you may have been called competitive once or twice in your life. You’d rather put in the time to work your way up than take a shortcut, mostly because risks freak you out and it always takes a little prodding to get you to take one. You’re also something of a fashionista, and you love nothing more than a beautiful pair of shoes. You’re laid back and great at reading people, which is maybe why your relationships are so strong. You always know the right thing to say to the people you love.